The Mission of Life Nazarene Church is five simple words that
summarize our common focus here at Life Naz.
"INVITING OTHERS TO FOLLOW JESUS"
Being a Christian is not a set of morals or rules, it is about having a relationship with Jesus within a community of people who are discovering what a life of trust looks like. It is not so much about asking Jesus into our lives, as it is having faith that He has invited us into His. The eternal and abundant life promised those who step into the journey, comes from knowing we are included in the circle of love of the Father, Son and Spirit. If there is something inside you telling you "something is missing", or "there's got to be more", we invite you to come follow Jesus with us. Go ahead, give it a try! The journey is exciting, mysterious and adventuresome, yet full of grace, joy, peace, purpose, fulfillment and amazing love.
Out of this simple mission, flows a three-fold vision that is also very simple;
1) Worshiping God, 2) Transforming Lives, and 3) Sharing Jesus
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in
Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. John 4:23
• To celebrate God’s love and care to us as a church family and individually
• To express our gratitude to God for inviting us into a personal relationship with Him through Christ’s death and resurrection and for giving us the presence of the Holy Spirit
• To walk in humble trust that we are children of the Father
• To pray without ceasing for the Kingdom of God to come to our world and be revealed in and through each of us
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is… Romans 12:2
• To live-out the life-changing power of the gospel by connecting with our loving, caring and forgiving community
• To help each one in our family find their specific place of calling, by living with joy and purpose in Christ, each day
• To grow and mature as the people of God to become more emotionally and spiritually healthy participants in the story of God in our community
• To engage our youth as important members of today’s and tomorrow’s church
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses
in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. Acts 1:8
• To share the gospel naturally by being fully ourselves, with the joy of continual relationship with the Father, Son and Spirit
• To engage the children and youth of our church and community with the very good news of the gospel and by providing opportunities for service
• To make our community a better place to live, by caring for the poor, working for justice and loving all without conditions
• To embrace the World Mission of the International Church of the Nazarene with education at all ages, support at all levels and by being joyfully engaged wherever possible